Ashley Anne Lv2Posted 29 Mar 2023 11:46

By following these general steps, you can increase a virtual machine's (VM) disk size without losing any data:
Make a virtual machine backup. This step is crucial to make sure your data is secure in case the expansion process goes wrong.
Put the virtual machine to sleep. The VM must be shut down in order to increase the disk size.
Boost the virtual disk's size. You can either increase the disk size using the hypervisor or by directly editing the virtual machine configuration file, depending on the virtualization platform.
the virtual machine is turned on. Start the virtual machine after expanding the disk size.
Stretch the partition out. To use the additional space after the virtual machine has started, you must expand the partition.
SteveD Lv2Posted 29 Mar 2023 11:50

It can be configured using the built-in wizard or the virtual machine settings.
KarenD Lv2Posted 29 Mar 2023 11:53

It can be expanded using the VMware client.
Mikee Lv2Posted 29 Mar 2023 13:04

The built-in wizard or the virtual machine settings can be used to configure it.

Newbie665368 Lv1Posted 30 Mar 2023 12:25

I have the same question. Can you share with me?
faysalji Lv3Posted 30 Mar 2023 14:48

Follow the following procedure:

1. Increase virtual disk with command line. Type vmware-vdiskmanager -x 100Gb vm.vmdk and press Enter to rezise the disk.

2. Increase virtual disk with VMware Workstation client. In VMware Workstation, select the target virtual machine > select Edit Virtual Machine Settings > click Hrad Disk > click Utilities > select Expand > enter the target virtual disk size > click Expand.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders