IAG90 Support Aggregate 20

Denny Chanditya Lv2Posted 21 Mar 2023 10:08

Hello All,

I have IAG90 with bridge deployment, i want to aggregate the other port so we have 2 LAN port and 2 WAN port for load balancing.

is this possible? i waas search on deployment mode and docs but i dont find about aggregate on IAG

Thanks,
Denny

CTI_JianJie has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins, 20 coins of bounty and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Sangfor IAG does not support link aggregation initialization in bridge mode. It only supports aggregation transparent mode.
Eg: Uplink router configured LACP mode with the layer 3 core switch, Sangfor IAG was placed in between both network devices. In this case, Sangfor IAG will be transparent in the aggregation negotiation, it only needs to configure 2 pair of WAN-LAN bridge mode.
Is this answer helpful?
Faisal Piliang Posted 21 Mar 2023 12:39

You can bond interfaces on your ER. Note that you need to use EdgeOS 2.x to maintain offloading through a bonded interface.
SassyScorpio Lv2Posted 21 Mar 2023 14:52

The IAG 90 is a network security appliance produced by Barracuda Networks that is designed for small to medium-sized businesses. It supports multiple deployment modes, including bridge mode, which allows the IAG to operate transparently on the network.

Regarding your question, it is possible to aggregate the LAN ports and WAN ports on the IAG 90 for load balancing purposes, but it depends on the specific capabilities of the device and the network environment in which it is deployed.

Here are some general steps you can follow to aggregate the ports on the IAG 90:

1- Check if the IAG 90 supports port aggregation: You can consult the product documentation or contact Barracuda Networks support to confirm if the IAG 90 supports port aggregation.

2- Configure the LAN ports and WAN ports: In bridge mode, the IAG 90 acts as a transparent device, so you will need to configure the LAN and WAN ports separately to achieve load balancing. You can use the web interface or command-line interface to configure the ports.

3- Configure the load balancing algorithm: Once you have aggregated the ports, you will need to configure the load balancing algorithm to distribute traffic across the available ports. The IAG 90 may support different algorithms, such as round-robin or weighted round-robin.

4- Test the configuration: Once you have completed the configuration, it is essential to test the load balancing to ensure that it is working as expected. You can use a network testing tool or monitor the network traffic to verify the load balancing.

It is essential to note that the specific steps and configuration options may vary depending on the IAG 90 model and firmware version. Therefore, it is recommended to consult the product documentation or contact Barracuda Networks support for detailed instructions and guidance.
Imran Tahir Lv4Posted 27 Mar 2023 11:51

IAG 90 is a netwowkr security appliance by barracuda networks that is desinged for small to medium sized bussinesses.

Jhazz Lv3Posted 27 Mar 2023 14:01

Yes that is possible but tricky to do the configuration
rivsy Lv5Posted 27 Mar 2023 14:45

Yes it can do but only 1 WAN port for load balancing
Farina Ahmed Lv5Posted 27 Mar 2023 14:59

Possible but I didn't find any configuration guide so you probably open case with Sangfor TAC.

Tech.Support@sangfor.com
Abdul Sami Lv2Posted 27 Mar 2023 18:00

Yes, it is possible. You can configure the Sangfor IAG90 with bridge deployment to have 2 LAN ports and 2 WAN ports for load balancing. Please refer to the user manual for more information about how to configure the device.
Randolfy Lv2Posted 29 Mar 2023 11:25

On your ER, you can bond interfaces. Keep in mind that EdgeOS 2.x is required to maintain offloading via a bonded interface.
Rhebie Lv3Posted 29 Mar 2023 11:29

You can bond interfaces on your ER. Remember that maintaining offloading via a bonded interface necessitates EdgeOS 2.x.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders