Make a VM server in node before make cluster

Newbie318663 Lv2Posted 07 Feb 2023 10:25

is it possible to first create a VM server on the node and install all my needs before uniting it into a cluster? Will the settings be complicated later when I make it a new cluster?

Siva has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

You can definitely do that. It will not have any impact if you decide to built the cluster later. However, if you are deploying a virtual storage as well, then you may want to migrate the VM to run on virtual storage instead to benefit from the improved performance.
Is this answer helpful?
Faisal P Posted 07 Feb 2023 10:35

To create a cluster, you need to add hosts into that cluster.
CLELUQMAN Lv3Posted 08 Feb 2023 13:17

Yes, it is possible to create a VM server on a node and install the necessary components and applications before adding it to a cluster. The process should not cause any complicated settings or issues with the previously installed components or applications.
Siva Posted 09 Feb 2023 00:37

You can definitely do that. It will not have any impact if you decide to built the cluster later. However, if you are deploying a virtual storage as well, then you may want to migrate the VM to run on virtual storage instead to benefit from the improved performance.
rivsy Lv5Posted 09 Feb 2023 15:56

Definitely yes you can do the initial configuration or basic configuration then edit and add some features later on.
Jhazz Lv3Posted 13 Feb 2023 10:04

It can be done but first make a node first before creating a cluster
Imran Tahir Lv4Posted 13 Feb 2023 12:23

Create a cluster and add the host
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 13 Feb 2023 13:54

You can edit the configuration you did.
Farina Ahmed Lv5Posted 13 Feb 2023 14:02

I think it depend upon your later needs which you will make changes after creating cluster, creating cluster is not an easy job you have to pass many health checks and process to run successfully. So yes it is not impossible but complication may varies upon your need.
Newbie308427 Posted 14 Feb 2023 10:10

yes, we can build each cluster node separately as well as all the nodes pass cluster health checks

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders