uses temporary ip in first setting and replaces it when it will be use

Newbie318663 Lv2Posted 27 Dec 2022 12:12

I just finished installing a new Sangfor HCI, if I want to set the cluster setting, add nodes and other settings using a temporary ip first, then when it will be used in data center and there is already actual ip, I replace the ip settings with the actual ip, can I do that?

Jhazz has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Yes it can be configure that way but it is much recommended to configure that IP while on connected to the network to lessen the work
Is this answer helpful?
rivsy Lv5Posted 27 Dec 2022 17:08

Yes you can change the IP after but the problem is the whole configuration that you set will be apply after you reset. And you have to connect the NGAF direct connect to the laptop to change it, not connected to the switch/router
Jhazz Lv3Posted 27 Dec 2022 20:53

Yes it can be configure that way but it is much recommended to configure that IP while on connected to the network to lessen the work
Faisal P Posted 28 Dec 2022 10:22

the SCP authorization shall be completed. After the administrator configured the host name, IP address, username, password and other information of SCP
Hoong Lv1Posted 30 Dec 2022 11:31

Yes, you can set with temporary IP first for HCI pre-configuration, and set the new IP address again after moving the node to the actual DC.

While change the IP, it is recommended by the sequence below (in condition of you have 2 nodes) for easier configuration.

Node 2 > Node 1 > Cluster IP

RegiBoy Lv5Posted 03 Jan 2023 15:41

Yes it can be set with the temp IP then set the new IP after moving the nodes
Imran Tahir Lv4Posted 03 Jan 2023 17:26

Yes It can be configured
Newbie308427 Posted 03 Jan 2023 17:45

Yes, it is possible
Farina Ahmed Lv5Posted 03 Jan 2023 18:16

Not recommended but possible yes.
CptArmando Lv2Posted 03 Jan 2023 19:55

yes it is possible but not recommended.

I Can Help: