IAM Authentication policy - Captive portal only works with PC, not mobile phone

FarahAdina Lv1Posted 27 Jun 2022 11:41

I have setup an authentication policy where user will re-directed to captive portal when connecting to wifi. May i know why the captive portal only works when connecting with PC, but not mobile phone. The mobile phone also failed to obtain ip address.

Mei Ying has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

You can enable this option, "Open auth for data flow from WAN to LAN interface".
Is this answer helpful?
regidorreyes Lv5Posted 27 Jun 2022 12:12

I think your issue is that mobile devices especially apple doesn't or can't obtain DNS. So if DNS is not present on the mobile device, it can't resolve the captive portal address.

Solution: Manually configure DNS on the mobile devices.
tanveer Lv2Posted 27 Jun 2022 15:25

Captive Portal work with Android and IOS.

you may goto wifi connect screen on android or IOS

Android:
Connect SSID, it will connect showing no internet, than click on screen where the message shows it
it will re-directed to captive portal screen

ON IOS do the same as per the screen, it will work,

Have done the setup accordingly.
Faisal P Posted 29 Jun 2022 13:29

Network settings for Chrome OS devices are configured correctly
rivsy Lv5Posted 29 Jun 2022 14:58

There are 2 option for this one by selecting "Redirect HTTPS request tocaptive portal if user is not authenticated" (please see picture 2) and other option is by "Authentication Controller"

Configuration by "Authentication Controller"
By configuring the "Authentication Controller". Portal Controller can return the MAC address of the mobile phone to IAM then the authentication page can be pushed-in

To add third party controller, goto Users” → “Authentication” → “Internet Portal Server. Then click add "Third Party Controller" (please see picture 1 for reference)

1.png (44.26 KB, Downloads: 589)

1.png

2.png (112.89 KB, Downloads: 594)

2.png
Pat Lv4Posted 30 Jun 2022 14:43

You may refer on these basic solutions for the captive portal to work on your mobile phone:
-Forget Wi-Fi connection
-Clear the Android data and cache from your device
-Reset your device to factory settings
jetjetd Lv5Posted 01 Jul 2022 02:16

There is no issue with the captive portal for IOS and Android mobile phone. The issue is your mobile phone is that cannot obtain an IP address. If it cannot obtain an IP address it cannot redirect to captive portal  and even in the internet.
jsix Lv2Posted 01 Jul 2022 14:13

Maybe the issue is in your mobile phone. Try to reset network settings of the mobile phone then try to reconnect again to the WI-FI.
Mei Ying Lv1Posted 08 Jul 2022 00:05

You can enable this option, "Open auth for data flow from WAN to LAN interface".

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders