Sangfor Backup requirement for Disaster Recovery Case Scenario 136

Budi Aulian Posted 26 Feb 2021 00:51

Hi,

i a, confused and have a question about sangfor Disaster recovery requirements,

i watched the  Whiteboard presentation about sangfor aDR,

and i saw that the replicated vm that will be protected to the secondary site have to be stored in a backup repository, my question is, if i want to implement aDR disaster recovery, that means i need a standalone storage, whether is NAS or iSCSI, OR can i use Virtual Storage as backup repository to protect the VM?

AND one more question, do i need the same configuration at the DRC Site? do i need or can i use virtual storage as backup repository?

Thank you, looking forward for your answers

Jun_Sheng17 has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins, 136 coins of bounty and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Yes, of course. You can run your replicated vm or we called placeholder vm in Virtual storage. The backup also can be stored in virtual storage in both primary and secondary site as well. The purpose of recommending to save your VM backup files in external storage is mainly due to in case your cluster is having any incident, you still able to recover your vm from backup in external storage. Also, saving your vm backup in external storage could be reduce the IO pressure on virtual storage when performing backup.
Is this answer helpful?
Jun_Sheng17 Posted 28 Aug 2021 12:37

Yes, of course. You can run your replicated vm or we called placeholder vm in Virtual storage. The backup also can be stored in virtual storage in both primary and secondary site as well. The purpose of recommending to save your VM backup files in external storage is mainly due to in case your cluster is having any incident, you still able to recover your vm from backup in external storage. Also, saving your vm backup in external storage could be reduce the IO pressure on virtual storage when performing backup.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders