Dashboard Data Reduction Ratio Status Not Equal

yvest Lv1Posted 08 May 2018 23:26

Last edited by yvest 08 May 2018 23:27.

Question:
Why after WOC Head office and Branch Dashboard Data Reduction Ratio status is not the same or nearly the same? although, upon checking on the "Acceleration Connection" tab, under reduction ratio column, the results are the same.
Is this a bug?
Because normally on my observation when peering a pair of WOC the Data Reduction Ratio Status are the same.

For reference: Sample screenshots are attached

Branch Dashboard.JPG (37.63 KB, Downloads: 2396)

Branch Dashboard.JPG

Head Office Dashboard.JPG (48.86 KB, Downloads: 2388)

Head Office Dashboard.JPG

CTI_MK has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Hi Yvest,

Normally the WANO traffic reduction = (equals to) WAN port traffic/LAN port traffic.
The network traffic pass through the HQ WANO and branch WANO  could be different (such as the Internet traffic flow through on both sides of the WANO may not be the same). Therefore, sometimes we will see different traffic reduction between HQ and branch.
Is this answer helpful?
CTI_MK Lv1Posted 09 May 2018 18:22

Hi Yvest,

Normally the WANO traffic reduction = (equals to) WAN port traffic/LAN port traffic.
The network traffic pass through the HQ WANO and branch WANO  could be different (such as the Internet traffic flow through on both sides of the WANO may not be the same). Therefore, sometimes we will see different traffic reduction between HQ and branch.
yvest Lv1Posted 09 May 2018 18:42

Last edited by yvest 09 May 2018 18:52.

Hello MK,

Thank you for your reply.
Kindly check the attached file for the correction of screenshot.

No internet traffic is passing.
Our setup: Client Router <---> WOC <---> Telco Router ----MPLS--- Telco Router <---> Client Router

As i mentioned also that upon checking on the "Acceleration Connection " tab under Reduction ratio column both WOC have the same results. I will try to get screenshot for your reference.

Branch Dashboard.JPG (35.12 KB, Downloads: 2381)

Branch Dashboard.JPG

Head Office Dashboard.JPG (48.86 KB, Downloads: 2361)

Head Office Dashboard.JPG
CTI_MK Lv1Posted 10 May 2018 15:56

Hi Yvest,

Have you verified as well the data in the report center?
yvest Lv1Posted 20 May 2018 20:28

Hello Mk,

I have attahed another set of Screenshot based on my observation for
"Acceleration Status (Data Reduction Ratio)" and Acceleration Connection "(Reduction)"

Regards,
Yvest

Acceleration Connection - Branch.JPG (51.84 KB, Downloads: 2332)

Acceleration Connection - Branch.JPG

Acceleration Connection - HO.JPG (49.16 KB, Downloads: 2281)

Acceleration Connection - HO.JPG

Acceleration Status - Branch.JPG (55.05 KB, Downloads: 2291)

Acceleration Status - Branch.JPG

Acceleration Status - HO.JPG (52.69 KB, Downloads: 2288)

Acceleration Status - HO.JPG
CTI LS Lv3Posted 21 May 2018 15:50

Hi Yvest,

The reduction ratio from the page "Acceleration Connection" only calculate from the Acceleration Tunnel built up until current. If the Acceleration Tunnel is restarted, it will count starts from zero again. While the reduction ratio from the Home page "Acceleration Status" is sum up of the entire Traffic since day 1 until now even the Acceleration Tunnel is restarted.
MChalidA Lv1Posted 16 Aug 2019 12:14

Go to navigation area > Wan Optimization > Byte cache and check If Maximize Data Reduction is selected, bandwidth savings will be maximized but throughput of
the WAN Optimization Controller (WOC) will be lowered down.
If Maximize LAN  Throughput is selected,  throughput of the WOC  will be maximized but  data
reduction capability will be affected.

I Can Help:

Change

Board Leaders