HCI aCloud versin 5.8.7R1 upgrade to version 6.0.0EN

Mak Tim Fatt Lv1Posted 20 Feb 2020 00:00

Hi

Just want to double confirm that I have a HCI 2 node cluster running on aCloud 5.8.7R1 version. I want to upgrade the aCloud version to 6.0.0EN. Do I need to power off the VM in order to upgrade or I can upgrade online without shutting down the VM on the HCI?

Park Bo Gart has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

If I remember correctly, for aCloud version 5.8.6 and up, we can do hot upgrades. meaning, no need to shutdown the VMs, and there will be no business interuption.

If you are going to do this in production, it is better to be safe. I suggest that you create a case to CTI requesting for standby support during the upgrade.
Is this answer helpful?
Park Bo Gart Lv2Posted 20 Feb 2020 11:00

If I remember correctly, for aCloud version 5.8.6 and up, we can do hot upgrades. meaning, no need to shutdown the VMs, and there will be no business interuption.

If you are going to do this in production, it is better to be safe. I suggest that you create a case to CTI requesting for standby support during the upgrade.
damian Lv2Posted 20 Feb 2020 13:13

well already supports live updates

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders