HCI aCloud Backup

Nadir Mukhtar Lv1Posted 04 Mar 2019 15:58

I'm facing delay while taking backup of VMs from Virtual Datastore to Backup Repository.Is that any procedure to Boost up the transfer rate.

CTI Jimy has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Hi,

Noted. If you are able to experience the improvement, then it is recommended to alter the settings to improve your overall experience.
However, as per mentioned earlier, this is only one of the many factor that leads to the delay when backup.
The VM size as well as the backup repository are also one of the few factors that may lead to delay of backup.
Is this answer helpful?
CTI TF Lv2Posted 12 Mar 2019 16:34

Hi Sir, the backup transfer speed will be affect by the VM size as well as the backup repository.
When the VM size is large and the backup repository is external storage, the backup transfer speed might be slow down.
You may have our engineer to further verify on your inquiry by dropping email to tech.support@sangfor.com or go to Self Service > Open a Support Case.
iKrot Lv1Posted 13 Mar 2019 19:06

I'm not sure. Try adjusting the values.

default Backup Speed per VM = 80 MB/s   

I Try values = 100MB/s.  I felt it was a faster backup. ^^
Note : 1Gbps = 125 MB/s   
2019-03-13_173254.png
CTI Jimy Lv2Posted 25 Mar 2019 18:07

Hi,

Noted. If you are able to experience the improvement, then it is recommended to alter the settings to improve your overall experience.
However, as per mentioned earlier, this is only one of the many factor that leads to the delay when backup.
The VM size as well as the backup repository are also one of the few factors that may lead to delay of backup.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders