a perticular client not recieving database updates for EDR 5

muhkkhan Lv1Posted 20 Sep 2024 13:39

one of my VM (server farm) is unable to update didn't start the update process i tried to restart agent and disable/enable agent but it's of no use, can anyone suggest how to resolve it restarting VM is not an option for me as it's a production server.

Newbie517762 has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins, 5 coins of bounty and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

HiHi,

Please check the Network connectivity:
Is this answer helpful?
Zonger Lv5Posted 20 Sep 2024 14:14

You can try to troubleshoot the issue by checking the agent logs and the Windows Update logs for any errors or issues that may be preventing the update process from starting. You can also try to manually trigger the update process by running the command `wmic path win32_product call install` in the command prompt, or by using PowerShell to run `Get-WindowsUpdate -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue | Install-WindowsUpdate -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue`.
You can try to disable any antivirus software or firewall rules that may be interfering with the update process, and then re-enable them once the update is complete. If none of these steps work, you can try to manually download and install the update package from the Microsoft Update Catalog website, and then apply it to your VM using the `msu` command.
Enrico Vanzetto Lv4Posted 20 Sep 2024 14:44

hi, i suggest you to double check on your network environment that there's no firewall rules that block traffic with edr appliance and your client. After this check i suggest you to reach out Sangfor Support as you can't do anything that impact vm stability.
Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 20 Sep 2024 14:57

HiHi,

Please check the Network connectivity:
Mohammed Asif C Lv1Posted 20 Sep 2024 16:37

Verify which client you downloaded.
Is the client using a public link or an internal IP?
muhkkhan Lv1Posted 20 Sep 2024 18:26

client is connected to server all services regarding EDR is running properly the only thing i found that some edr related process showing suspended in windows resource monitor and when we try to resume it says access denied we have opened ticket to sangfor and their tech is currently looking in to this issue.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow