setup up using router mode

Newbie652170 Lv1Posted 27 Jul 2024 21:21

Hi All, I am new on Sangfor, I got problem with route mode configuration on Network Secure Platform 8.0.85. I have try setup my firewall follow post in group. But problem that i facing now is unable to online and ping on internet router gateway ip.

AimanHakim has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Have you tried ping from firewall to the internet? You may go to system > troubleshooting

At the same time, have you test ping PC to firewall? If it's unreachable, try tracert as we see the last hop before it became unreachable.

If all above is good, try check your policy access control. You may have not allowed yet the access to internet
Is this answer helpful?
AimanHakim Lv2Posted 27 Jul 2024 23:31

Hi there, can you share your network topology and your configurations? it will help a lot as we can see more on the flow and what requirements on the configuration.

At the same time what you meant by unable to online? meaning unable to access the internet or the status of firewall is offline?
Newbie652170 Lv1Posted 28 Jul 2024 00:23

Hi, the firewall was online. only PC that connected to firewall unable to online. my network as
internet router connect to firewall, than all pc connect to firewall. what i have try
1. lan2 as wan with ip 192.168.68.22 gateway 192.168.68.1
2. lan8 as lan with gateway 192.168.2.1
3. configure dhcp service on lan8
4. set static routes
5. set snat

static routes.jpg (59.74 KB, Downloads: 70)

static routes.jpg

snat.JPG (57.01 KB, Downloads: 62)

snat.JPG
juni Lv1Posted 28 Jul 2024 12:05

Setting up a network in router mode typically involves configuring your router to manage the connection between your local devices and your internet service provider (ISP). Here's a step-by-step guide to help you through the process:

1. **Unbox and Connect the Router:**
   - Unbox your router and connect it to a power source.
   - Use an Ethernet cable to connect the router's WAN (or Internet) port to your modem's Ethernet port.
   - Ensure your modem is connected to your ISP's connection (e.g., cable, DSL).

2. **Power Up:**
   - Turn on your modem and wait for it to establish a connection with your ISP (this may take a few minutes).
   - Turn on your router and wait for it to boot up fully.

3. **Connect to the Router:**
   - Use a computer or smartphone to connect to the router. This can be done via an Ethernet cable or by connecting to the router's default Wi-Fi network (SSID), which is usually printed on a label on the router.
   - The default Wi-Fi network name and password are typically found on the router itself or in the user manual.

4. **Access Router Settings:**
   - Open a web browser and enter the router's IP address in the address bar. Common default IP addresses are `192.168.1.1` or `192.168.0.1`. This information is usually found in the router's manual.
   - You will be prompted to log in. The default username and password are often "admin" and "admin" or "admin" and "password." Again, refer to your router's manual for these details.

5. **Run Setup Wizard (if available):**
   - Many routers come with a setup wizard that guides you through the initial configuration. Follow the on-screen instructions.

6. **Configure Basic Settings:**
   - Set your router's SSID (Wi-Fi network name) and password. Choose a strong password to secure your network.
   - Configure your connection type. This could be DHCP (Dynamic IP), PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet), or Static IP, depending on your ISP's requirements. You may need to enter your ISP-provided username and password for PPPoE connections.

7. **Set Up Security:**
   - Ensure your Wi-Fi network is secured with WPA2 or WPA3 encryption.
   - Change the default router login credentials to something more secure.

8. **Save and Reboot:**
   - Save your settings and reboot the router if necessary.

9. **Test the Connection:**
   - After the router reboots, connect a device to the Wi-Fi network and test the internet connection to ensure everything is working properly.

10. **Additional Configuration:**
    - You can further customize your router's settings, such as setting up guest networks, parental controls, port forwarding, and Quality of Service (QoS) settings.

If you encounter any issues, consult your router's manual or visit the manufacturer's website for troubleshooting tips and additional support.
Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 29 Jul 2024 09:23

HiHi,

Please find the attached file for the V8.0.85 Route mode manual, following steps 1-6 to set up or check your configuration.
Sangfor_Network Secure_v8.0.85_Route mode manual.pdf (611.35 KB, Downloads: 72)
vesogi7900 Lv2Posted 29 Jul 2024 14:35

Check Connections: Ensure all physical connections are correct.
Configure WAN Interface: Set the correct IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS.
Set Up Routing: Add a default route (0.0.0.0/0) to your internet router's gateway IP.
Configure Firewall Rules: Allow traffic from your internal network to the WAN and vice versa.
Check NAT Settings: Ensure outbound NAT is properly configured.
Enable Ping on WAN: Ensure the WAN interface allows ICMP (ping) requests.
fuadmahbubun Lv2Posted 31 Jul 2024 09:46

Hi, it seems your NSF connected to your modem router.
have you check this modem has connected to Internet?
if you able to bypass you may input ip public directly to NSF, so NSF will replace your current router gateway.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow