HCI - Wasabi Connection

GiacomoV Lv1Posted 31 May 2024 15:12

Hi,
I'm trying the new version 6.10 with the object storage.
I want to configure a wasabi bucket but I'm in trouble with the configuration.
When I go to Other Datastore -> Object Storage -> select Wasabi,
I don't understand what data I need to put on database field.
Can anyone help me?
I attached a screenshot.
many thanks.

Screenshot 2024-05-31 084325.png (24.76 KB, Downloads: 55)

Screenshot 2024-05-31 084325.png

GiacomoV has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Hi, Enrico.
I'm waiting for a response from technical support but I'm trying to continue on my own.
I found out that the database it requests is a database where I believe it stores metadata.
I created a Mysql database in a local VM and after entering the credentials I was able to add wasabi object storage
I added object storage to the backup repositories as well.
But when I try to configure the backup copy I can't find the wasabi datastore.
This is really difficult without documentation.

Screenshot 2024-06-03 170351.png (48.97 KB, Downloads: 55)

Screenshot 2024-06-03 170351.png

Screenshot 2024-06-03 170414.png (71.42 KB, Downloads: 53)

Screenshot 2024-06-03 170414.png
Is this answer helpful?
Enrico Vanzetto Lv3Posted 03 Jun 2024 18:11

HI, as far as i konw, you ha ve to specify the bucket you have created on your wasabi compatible storage
GiacomoV Lv1Posted 03 Jun 2024 23:15

Hi, Enrico.
I'm waiting for a response from technical support but I'm trying to continue on my own.
I found out that the database it requests is a database where I believe it stores metadata.
I created a Mysql database in a local VM and after entering the credentials I was able to add wasabi object storage
I added object storage to the backup repositories as well.
But when I try to configure the backup copy I can't find the wasabi datastore.
This is really difficult without documentation.

Screenshot 2024-06-03 170351.png (48.97 KB, Downloads: 55)

Screenshot 2024-06-03 170351.png

Screenshot 2024-06-03 170414.png (71.42 KB, Downloads: 53)

Screenshot 2024-06-03 170414.png
Shared by Author
Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 04 Jun 2024 11:21

HiHi,

I checked the web page of the wasabi; the Sangfor is not on the list of compatible storage. Therefore, you may also contact Wasabi technical support for assistance. 
pmateus Lv2Posted 04 Jun 2024 18:06

Hi,

Try to contact Sangfor support to help you if this is an issue that can affect others users.

Thanks,
Zonger Lv4Posted 04 Jun 2024 18:52

When configuring a Wasabi bucket as an object storage in Elasticsearch 6.10, the "Database" field typically refers to the name of the bucket or container you've created in your Wasabi account. This field acts as a reference point for Elasticsearch to access the specific storage location where your data is stored. You should input the name of the Wasabi bucket that you want Elasticsearch to interact with. Ensure that the bucket name is accurately spelled and matches the one you've set up in your Wasabi account. This step is crucial for Elasticsearch to establish the connection and access the data stored within the designated bucket.
Farina Ahmed Posted 04 Jun 2024 19:33

A Wasabi bucket is a container used to store objects (files and data) in Wasabi's cloud storage service, which is similar to Amazon S3. Each bucket can hold an unlimited number of objects and can be configured with specific permissions and policies for managing data. Buckets are the fundamental storage units in Wasabi, and they help organize data and control access to it.

To configure a Wasabi bucket in Elasticsearch version 6.10, under Other Datastore -> Object Storage -> select Wasabi, you need to provide the bucket name in the "Database" field. This field should contain the exact name of your Wasabi bucket where you intend to store your data. You must have have your Wasabi access key, secret key, and the correct endpoint URL configured properly in the respective fields to establish a connection.
mdamores Lv3Posted 05 Jun 2024 13:11

Hi,

The bucket name in the "Database" Field must be provided. you must a valid Wasabi access key ready together with the secret key and the exact name of your Wasabi bucket must be indicated in the field
CLELUQMAN Lv3Posted 06 Jun 2024 10:05

hi. have u solved this? can u share any tutorial or documentation . thank you
Newbie290036 Lv2Posted 07 Jun 2024 19:10

When configuring a Wasabi bucket as an object storage in Trend Micro Endpoint Secure 6.10, you'll need to provide the necessary information to authenticate and connect to your Wasabi account. The "Database Field" in the configuration window is where you'll enter the credentials and details required for authentication.

To fill in the "Database Field" correctly, you'll need to provide the following information:

1. **Access Key ID**: This is your Wasabi account's access key ID, which you can find in your Wasabi account settings. You can usually find it by navigating to the "Account" tab, then clicking on "Security" and selecting "Access keys".
2. **Secret Access Key**: This is your Wasabi account's secret access key, which you can also find in your Wasabi account settings, under the same "Access keys" section.
3. **Bucket Name**: This is the name of the specific bucket in your Wasabi account that you want to use as an object storage for Trend Micro.

You can enter these values in the following format:

`wasabi://access_key_id:secret_access_key@bucket_name`

For example:

`wasabi://ABC123DEF456:GHIJKL7890MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ@my-trend-micro-bucket`

Make sure to replace the placeholders with your actual Wasabi account credentials and bucket name.

Once you've entered the correct information in the "Database Field", click "Save" to apply the changes. You should then be able to select your Wasabi bucket as an object storage option in Trend Micro Endpoint Secure.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow