NGAF BANDWIDTH MGMT

B1rd53y3V13w Lv1Posted 15 May 2024 08:24

I would like to ask if this is right considering we have 200 Mbps internet connection.

I set a guarnteed 4Mbps or I need to use limited channel?

Enrico Vanzetto has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Hi, if you need to guarantee a minimum guaranteed bandwidth to specific firewall rules, you must use guaranteed channel and apply it to the respective policies in order for it to be applied correctly to the traffic for which you want to guarantee bandwidth.
Otherwise, if you want to limit the bandwidth for a specific traffic, you must use the limited channel option and apply it to the policies that control the traffic to be limited.
Is this answer helpful?
pmateus Lv2Posted 15 May 2024 18:37

Hi,

Guaranteed channel is related when the network is busy, the guaranteed channel guarantee the bandwidth is no smaller than the minimum bandwidth specified.
Where as for limited channel, when the network is busy, the limited channel does not exceed the maximum bandwitdth specified.

Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 16 May 2024 09:46

HiHi,

Those settings are dependent on business purposes:

• A Core Business of the Bandwidth Guarantee Setting.
  • A Legitimate Business of the Bandwidth Limitation Setting.

Please find the information below for your easy reference.
Farina Ahmed Posted 16 May 2024 14:44

You could consider using a limited channel approach, which allocates specific bandwidth amounts to different activities or devices on your network.
Enrico Vanzetto Lv3Posted 16 May 2024 17:29

Hi, if you need to guarantee a minimum guaranteed bandwidth to specific firewall rules, you must use guaranteed channel and apply it to the respective policies in order for it to be applied correctly to the traffic for which you want to guarantee bandwidth.
Otherwise, if you want to limit the bandwidth for a specific traffic, you must use the limited channel option and apply it to the policies that control the traffic to be limited.
Newbie451055 Lv2Posted 17 May 2024 11:54

Hi,
For business related traffic, you can set to high priority with the guaranteed bandwidth also.
And for any other traffic that you consider not critical transaction, you can set with lower priority and limited channel.
Thanks.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers