NGAF Bandwidth Management

B1rd53y3V13w Lv1Posted 14 May 2024 09:54

Hello Tech Team,

I would like to ask the behavior of activating the bandwidth management through the NGAF, I already configured the bandwidth management for specific application like YouTube and Facebook however I don't see logs per IP that showing that access on that application has 2Mbps maximum bandwidth.

Can you assist me how to configure and see the logs for now we are not using user to access internet just IP address only.

Thank You in advance

Newbie517762 has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

HiHi,

You can check the traffic statistics, including app category, outbound and inbound traffic, bidirectional traffic, etc. You can also click on IP/User to view the specific IP address or user that accesses the application.
Pls find the attached file for your Ref.
Traffic Statistics.pdf (322.58 KB, Downloads: 100)
Is this answer helpful?
Rotring Lv2Posted 14 May 2024 12:54

Hi
Here's a breakdown of activating bandwidth management and viewing logs in NGAF for IP-based access (without user accounts):

Activating Bandwidth Management:

You've likely already done this part, but here's a quick recap:

1.Access Network Interfaces: Log in to the NGAF management console and navigate to the section related to "Network Interfaces" or similar.
2.Select Interface: Choose the network interface connected to the internet.
3.Activate Bandwidth Management: Enable bandwidth management for the selected interface. You might need to tick a checkbox or configure specific settings.
4.Define Line Bandwidth: Specify the total available bandwidth for the internet connection.
5.Create Line Policy: Create a "Line Policy" to define bandwidth allocation for specific applications or protocols. You likely configured separate policies for YouTube and Facebook, limiting them to 2Mbps each.
Viewing Bandwidth Management Logs:

The specific steps for viewing logs might vary depending on your NGAF software, but here's a general approach:

1.Locate Logs Section: Navigate to the section related to "Logs," "Traffic Monitoring," or similar within the NGAF management console.
2.Filter by Application: Look for options to filter logs by application or protocol. You might be able to select "YouTube" or "Facebook" to view traffic specific to those applications.
3.IP Address Filtering: While user accounts might not be available, some NGAF systems allow filtering logs by IP address. This can help identify specific devices exceeding the bandwidth limit.
4.Bandwidth Information: The logs might not explicitly show the 2Mbps limit, but they should display information like bandwidth usage per application or IP address. Look for metrics like throughput or data transfer rate. By comparing usage to your configured limit (2Mbps), you can assess if bandwidth management is functioning as intended.
Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 14 May 2024 14:16

HiHi,

You can check the traffic statistics, including app category, outbound and inbound traffic, bidirectional traffic, etc. You can also click on IP/User to view the specific IP address or user that accesses the application.
Pls find the attached file for your Ref.
Traffic Statistics.pdf (322.58 KB, Downloads: 100)
pmateus Lv2Posted 14 May 2024 16:10

Hi,
On Traffic statistics you can apply filters by IP / User where you can see the filtered traffic.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow