Remove Duplicate Entries in Endpoint Secure Console 5

muhkkhan Lv1Posted 06 Sep 2024 14:54

i install es agent on vm then i disable that agent from console, after that i reinstall the OS again and deploy fresh agent, now it is showing two entries and when i try to delete the old entry it's not letting me do giving error attached with this ticket, what's the solution for it.

fuadmahbubun has solved this question and earned 35 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins, 5 coins of bounty and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Hi, you cannot remove disabled Agent. so you have to open ticket to your sangfor support on your country, then they will help you to remove on system backend.
Is this answer helpful?
fuadmahbubun Lv2Posted 06 Sep 2024 14:58

Hi, you cannot remove disabled Agent. so you have to open ticket to your sangfor support on your country, then they will help you to remove on system backend.
Zonger Lv5Posted 06 Sep 2024 18:03

It is due to the fact that the previous disabled agent is still registered in the Elastic Stack's index even after reinstalling the OS and deploying a fresh agent. You need to use the Elasticsearch APIs to remove the old, disabled agent from the index.

It can be done by using the `es-agent-remover` tool, which is included with Elasticsearch. Run the following command on your Elasticsearch node: `es-agent-remover --agent-ids <old-agent-id>`, replacing `<old-agent-id>` with the actual ID of the old agent. This will remove the old agent from the index, allowing you to safely delete it from the console.

You can also use the Elasticsearch API directly by sending a DELETE request to `/_admin/agents/<old-agent-id>`, replacing `<old-agent-id>` with the actual ID of the old agent.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow