Sangfor HCI other datastore iSCSI 5

Nazhif Lv1Posted 14 Mar 2023 23:47

halo all,

i have an windows iSCSI server in esxi and i want to add that iSCI server to HCI. so i try to add other datastores. the iSCSI is detected but when i try to create new datastores with iSCSI it pop up this error "To ensure performance and stability of external storage, enable hardware acceleration for external storage."

i checked in esxi server that the hardware acceleration is enabled. but still in hci it cannot add datastores with iSCSI server. any help for that?

Farina Ahmed has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins, 5 coins of bounty and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Check the storage vendor whether the  external storage support hardware acceleration or not. If it support, then you can enable the hardware acceleration on storage.
Is this answer helpful?
SassyScorpio Lv2Posted 15 Mar 2023 17:00

hope you find your answer soon
Abdul Sami Lv2Posted 16 Mar 2023 13:29

If you are encountering an error when trying to add an iSCSI server to Sangfor HCI, and you have already verified that hardware acceleration is enabled in ESXi, there may be several other factors that could be causing the issue. Here are some potential solutions:

1. Verify that the iSCSI initiator is properly configured: Ensure that the iSCSI initiator is properly configured on the Sangfor HCI host. Check that the iSCSI initiator settings, such as the initiator name and authentication credentials, are correctly set.

2. Verify that the iSCSI target is properly configured: Ensure that the iSCSI target is properly configured on the Windows iSCSI server. Verify that the target is accessible from the Sangfor HCI host and that the necessary access controls are in place.

3. Check network connectivity and firewall settings: Verify that the network connectivity between the Sangfor HCI host and the Windows iSCSI server is working correctly. Check that firewall settings are properly configured to allow communication between the two servers.

4. Update ESXi and Sangfor HCI firmware: Ensure that both the ESXi host and Sangfor HCI firmware are up-to-date with the latest updates and patches. Outdated firmware could potentially cause compatibility issues.

5. Contact Sangfor technical support: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, contact Sangfor technical support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional guidance or help diagnose any underlying issues with the configuration.
Jhazz Lv3Posted 16 Mar 2023 16:05

check the connectivity of the external devices
rivsy Lv5Posted 20 Mar 2023 10:37

Check if the network connectivity and configuration on the other side if properly configured
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 20 Mar 2023 11:52

Verify if the network connectivity has no issues on both sides.
Imran Tahir Lv4Posted 20 Mar 2023 12:02

Check network connectivity and firewall settings: Verify that the network connectivity between the Sangfor HCI host and the Windows iSCSI server is working correctly. Check that firewall settings are properly configured to allow communication between the two servers.
Nazhif Lv1Posted 20 Mar 2023 12:32

halo all,

thanks for the response. i just want to confirm that is the issue is on iSCSI Server. the ESXi hw acceleration service is enabled but the disk is not supported for hw acceleration.
Naomi Lv3Posted 20 Mar 2023 13:10

the problem is critical, try to contact support
MISMIS Lv3Posted 20 Mar 2023 13:37

Check network connectivity and firewall settings

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders