VM migration across clusters

Newbie852920 Lv1Posted 09 Dec 2022 18:17

hi to everybody,
in a two cluster infrastrucure i'm migrating VM's from cluster1 to cluster2; all VM's works fine after the process and it's ok.
Differently from Vmware Vcenter, at the end of migration process the original VM's still populate the original cluster !
In other words the active VM is in Cluster2 and in Cluster1 there's the original one in power-off state.
Can i quietly delete this powered off VM's ?
many thanks
andrea

Siva has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Hi Andrea, that's totally normal behaviour when migrating to and from VMware. (security measures)
It is entirely up to you whether you wish to delete the source/original VM. As long as you confirmed that the VM is running normally on the new location.
Is this answer helpful?
Siva Posted 10 Dec 2022 10:17

Hi Andrea, that's totally normal behaviour when migrating to and from VMware. (security measures)
It is entirely up to you whether you wish to delete the source/original VM. As long as you confirmed that the VM is running normally on the new location.
RegiBoy Lv5Posted 10 Dec 2022 22:28

Yes definitely you can delete any VM. Before you delete, it must be shutdown
Naomi Lv3Posted 10 Dec 2022 22:31

it is a normal behaviour
jetjetd Lv5Posted 10 Dec 2022 23:02

You can delete the VM anytime you want as long as you are not using it anymore to save up space and resources.
sumran Lv2Posted 11 Dec 2022 00:12

yes possible
rivsy Lv5Posted 12 Dec 2022 04:51

Yes you can delete the powered off VM and once you restart the whole VM the deleted VM will be clear on the management portal
Happpy Lv3Posted 12 Dec 2022 09:56

Yes it is possible
Rhebie Lv3Posted 12 Dec 2022 10:06

You can, without a doubt, delete any VM. It must be shut down before deletion.
LucyHeart Lv3Posted 12 Dec 2022 10:06

You can delete the VM anytime you want

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders