IAM uptime & restart reason unknown

syedjahanzaib Lv1Posted 04 Feb 2020 20:45

Last edited by syedjahanzaib 04 Feb 2020 20:48.

Yesterday our sangfor IAM 5200 model (firmware 12.0.40) got rebooted, (I am monitoring UPTIME using SNMP via our NMS system). none of other device in the data center was rebooted as its 24x7 services.

a) How can I confirm if the IAM was actually rebooted & Where I can see the device uptime from IAM GUI console?
b) How can I trace the reboot reason as I am not seeing any useful entry in SYSTEM LOGS for restart

By solving this question, you may help 511 user(s).

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

MChalidA Lv1Posted 05 Feb 2020 09:41

a. System > General > Diagnostics > systme Logs ,then u can filter lifetime or power on
b.  You can check the Admin Logs in Internal Report Center under Logs > Admin Operation and select corresponding period which will shows all the operation done by the admin.

i hope is helpfull
syedjahanzaib Lv1Posted 05 Feb 2020 13:46

a) There is no LIFETIME or POWER ON search filter in the Filter option. How can I see what process restarted the Device & why ?

Still I am notable to find the DEVICE UPTIME anywhere, Why it is hard for IAM developers to show UPTIME on front DASHBOARD? why its hidden ?
Sangfor_Brando Lv5Posted 05 Feb 2020 14:41

Hi sir, for your inquiry:
1) The device uptime is not able to see from the UI.
2) For tracing the reboot reason, kindly drop an email to tech.support@sangfor.com with the problem description, device details such as product, version and serial number for our Sangfor engineer to investigate?
Bakhtiar Lv3Posted 05 Feb 2020 17:00

hi..
if you really want to know how long the device is up you can try to use sangfor updater and use the health check feature, but for the restart you should email tech.support@sangfor.com

hope this will help

oh just FYI you can download the software in the self service menu

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders