Can IAM audit any Whatsapp content message ?

Sangfor Andrew Lv1Posted 23 Aug 2019 16:58

Hi everyone,

Can IAM to do the decrypt all message / content from Whatsapp, event use Web-basd or application?

As of only block the application from IAM only now?

Regards,
Andrew

Dio has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Dear Andrew,

Currently IAM does not support audit the contents of IM such as Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, BUT can audit the contents of certain  IM such as QQ, wechat, skype, etc (Ingress required).

And also, IAM is ABLE to decrypt HTTPS websites, as long as you are using SSL content identification (can be found on the access control section) on IAM (IAM SSL certification is required to install on the user PC). Some functions require the decryption to be used such as auditing email (with encrypted port number like port 465 or 587), bbs content, etc. However, for now Whatsapp still cannot be audited currently even though decryption can be done.
Is this answer helpful?
addimasqi Lv2Posted 23 Aug 2019 17:15

Why did you want to decrypt all Whatsapp message that the traffic is going through your IAM device?
I think is it not possible.  My assume is IAM only can read content that not encrypted.  Like email traffic using port 110 or 25.  Maybe another expert here can give the right answer.
Apriyanto Lv5Posted 23 Aug 2019 17:48

you can not decrypt content https bro

you can block that web with ngaf too , with url filter

CMIIW
Ratim Lv2Posted 24 Aug 2019 00:02

you cannot decrypt
Musano Lv2Posted 24 Aug 2019 00:07

yes just IAM
Muhammad Talha Lv3Posted 27 Aug 2019 01:55

Hi Andrew,

Kindly please note that you cannot decrypt any of the messages that are send via HTTPS port either it be WhatsApp, Messenger or Google Hangouts. You can control these but if you want to monitor, you cannot.

Thank you
Dio Lv5Posted 10 Sep 2019 16:51

Dear Andrew,

Currently IAM does not support audit the contents of IM such as Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, BUT can audit the contents of certain  IM such as QQ, wechat, skype, etc (Ingress required).

And also, IAM is ABLE to decrypt HTTPS websites, as long as you are using SSL content identification (can be found on the access control section) on IAM (IAM SSL certification is required to install on the user PC). Some functions require the decryption to be used such as auditing email (with encrypted port number like port 465 or 587), bbs content, etc. However, for now Whatsapp still cannot be audited currently even though decryption can be done.
Darrel_IAM Lv2Posted 01 Nov 2019 09:40

Hi Andrew:
       We Can't Whatsapp Content, but later we may support part and also the most important  "Whatsapp File Transfer ",  if you have any proj\\ect or customer request this feature, please contact me my QQ or Whatsapp.  Thanks .
Newbie623281 Lv1Posted 20 Feb 2021 05:35

i think you cant!
Muhammad Furqan Lv2Posted 21 Mar 2021 17:00

No, it is not possible why you want to decrypt

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers