Number of sparedisk

Apriyanto Lv5Posted 08 Aug 2019 17:42

Number of sparedisk

question.png

if i have 5 data disk, i used 2 data_copy, are sparedisk that i prepared is 5 or 2 or 5*2 disk ?

ITD_Mitch has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Hi Apriyanto,

if you have 5 data disk and have 2 copies setup on virtual data store, i suggest to use all 5 for data disk but still depends on cache disk you have. A spare disk is just a recommendation if something happen on existing data disk but as you can see, a Spare Disk is a Useless disk if your data disk is on normal status. If you don't have Spare Disk then some data disk will fail, it still not affect with your production since you have 2 copies of data. Meaning, you still have time to check/replace defective data disk even you don't have spare disk. This practice is to maximize your resources while taking advantage for some features of HCI.

Thanks!
Is this answer helpful?
sOOOn777 Lv3Posted 09 Aug 2019 10:34

like it only requires disk 2, because duplicates match the number of copies
johan Lv2Posted 09 Aug 2019 12:02

in this case, it seems to require 2 * 5 available disks ..
this is only my optini
amdhan Lv3Posted 09 Aug 2019 14:25

It seems like 2 data will be taken
MChalidA Lv1Posted 15 Aug 2019 15:30

i think u must use only 2 disk bro
Rasya Lv1Posted 15 Aug 2019 16:54

wait for answer
ITD_Mitch Lv3Posted 20 Aug 2019 10:25

Hi Apriyanto,

if you have 5 data disk and have 2 copies setup on virtual data store, i suggest to use all 5 for data disk but still depends on cache disk you have. A spare disk is just a recommendation if something happen on existing data disk but as you can see, a Spare Disk is a Useless disk if your data disk is on normal status. If you don't have Spare Disk then some data disk will fail, it still not affect with your production since you have 2 copies of data. Meaning, you still have time to check/replace defective data disk even you don't have spare disk. This practice is to maximize your resources while taking advantage for some features of HCI.

Thanks!
Farrukh Lv1Posted 24 Aug 2019 15:54

Yes , Only one HDD
umair khan Lv1Posted 24 Aug 2019 16:02

YES, answer is 2disk
Farrukh Lv1Posted 24 Aug 2019 17:03

Yes answer is 2 HDD

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers