Reward for Reply 1 Coin Reply to this topic to earn 1 Coin coins. Allow a maximum of 1 replies for each member.
EasyConnect SSL VPN for Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 6 Flip with Android 14

NandangGozali Lv1Posted 18 Oct 2024 12:01

Last edited by NandangGozali 18 Oct 2024 12:05.

Hi all there.
Today I want to share my experience about Sangfor SSL VPN using Easy Connect Mobile. A few days ago my VIP user called me because he can't install Easy Connect mobile on her Android Phone.
The message shown on her device when installing is "App not installed as the app isn't compatible with your phone", when I ask about her device details he says that he is using Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 6 Flip with Android 14.

Just for your information, the user using apps EasyconnectPhone.apk that downloaded from this link:
https://download.sangfor.com/Download/Product/SSL/EasyConnect/EasyConnectPhone.apk

A few months ago I believed that Easy Connect apps can be installed from Play Store on Android, and Apps Store on Apple devices. But I don't know why sangfor removed that application from Play Store and Apps Store.? (please tell me if you know).
I believe that we can download the apps using the NGAF/ NSF url like (https://ngafip:4430) and then download the file from the link that was reserved, but it's not work on mine. I don't know why.? (please tell me if someone has some cases). So when I contacted the local principal and then they suggested that I download the apps from the above link.

Back to the topic.!
So for troubleshooting that case, I think maybe the problem is because the device using Android 14 and the apps is not compatible, so I try to install the apps on other phone types because I don't have the same devices with the users (it's too expensive for me ). I will try to install the apps on Samsung devices with Android 14 and then.."That's working properly". It makes me so confused, so I think maybe the problem is not the Android version but the device model itself, because Z Fold 6 Flip can transform to Tablet mode, maybe that is the issue. Just for information previously Sangfor provided two apps Easy Connect for Android version, that is Phone Version and Tablet Version (three days ago I still saw the link download on the download page, but I didn't see the link when In wrote this article. I don't know because no update release notes for me or maybe because I am less social ). So I try to download the Easyconnect Tablet Version for Android and tell the user to install that app, and then the result is.......same as before . It makes me very confused, try to ask to chat gpt about the type of devices for sure, and chat gpt says:

The final move, I opened new cases to the Sangfor Support about this. As usual the support tells me to try to do all of the above steps, and finally escalate to the L2 team. Just one day, I receive the reply and he told to me to try to install the apps with the compatible version downloaded from this link:
https://atrustdownload.sangfor.com/support/Software_Download/EasyConnectPhone.apk

And the result is............taraaaaaa that's work.!!! the apps successfully installed on Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 6 Flip.

I'm very happy the case is solved. But there is something stuck in my mind, let see:

1. What's the difference between the two download links above.? download.sangfor.com and atrustdownload.sangfor.com

2. Which one is the link that we use next time if we want to download the Easyconnect apps.? I hope the Sangfor team can see this article and give me the best answer.

That's all of my mind, maybe this post can help someone there with the same cases. And the last..please don't judge my writing because I'm very bad at English.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Nandang

Like this topic? Like it or reward the author.

Creating a topic earns you 5 coins. A featured or excellent topic earns you more coins. What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go