UltraVnc not working

Newbie999083 Lv1Posted 02 Oct 2024 17:04

i had downloaded ultravnc from sangfor endpoint secure, after i install in my computer and my colleagues computer i am not able to remote to users pc. anything need to be configure in the application ? please refer to the below screen shot. thank you.

fuadmahbubun has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

(In reply to Newbie999083)
HI, basicly for remote directly using ultra vns viewer, client must have installed vnc server, which is running services for VNC server, so client always standby open connection for remote access.

VNCclient downloaded from sangfor ES is tools for remote connection not for server.

so Endpoint Secure will be a bridge to connecting agent to client remote.  this is different function as general ultra VNC server client, and you cannot using vnc viewer downloaded from dashboard to remote client directly without access to ES manager.  I have tried this when sangfor released this version (ES 3.5)
Is this answer helpful?
rohmattullah Lv1Posted 04 Oct 2024 14:15

To successfully use UltraVNC to remote into another PC, there are a few steps you need to verify and configure:

Server Installation: Ensure that UltraVNC Server is installed on your colleague's computer and UltraVNC Viewer is installed on your computer. You will need the server component running on the remote machine to establish a connection.

Service Start: Make sure that the UltraVNC Server service is running on the remote PC. You can start the service via the UltraVNC Server application or by navigating to the services manager (services.msc).

Firewall Settings: On both your PC and your colleague's, you may need to allow UltraVNC through the firewall:

Go to Windows Firewall settings.
Add an inbound rule for the VNC port (usually 5900 by default) to allow incoming VNC connections.
Port Settings: Ensure both the server and viewer are configured to use the same port. By default, UltraVNC uses port 5900. Verify this in the settings under "Admin Properties" on the server.

Authentication: Set up a password for the UltraVNC Server on your colleague's computer. You need this password when connecting with the UltraVNC Viewer.

IP Address: In the UltraVNC Viewer, you need to enter the correct IP address or hostname of your colleague's computer.

Encryption: Check whether encryption is enabled on the remote computer and if your viewer supports the same encryption type. Disable encryption for testing purposes to see if it connects, as mismatched encryption settings can prevent connections.

Network Access: Make sure there is network connectivity between your PC and your colleague's PC (ping the target PC to check). If they are on different VLANs or subnets, there may be routing issues that need to be resolved.

If you still face issues, check the UltraVNC log files on both systems for specific error messages. These logs can provide more insights into what's going wrong.
Newbie517762 Lv5Posted 03 Oct 2024 09:36

HiHi,

This is quite simple. Just select the remote endpoint device you want and click the "Remote Support" icon on the Endpoint management web page, then "Allow" the Admin to control in the endpoint device.

Please check again:

1. The endpoint device must be online and checked in the Endpoint management web page.
2. The Admin control and remote endpoint device must be on the same network and subnet.
3. Install UltraVNC only on the Admin device; the endpoint device does not need installation.
4. Please refer below for a screenshot of my UltraVNC settings for your reference.

Zonger Lv5Posted 02 Oct 2024 22:01

Please ensure that the UltraVNC server is properly configured on the target computers (the users' PCs) by allowing it to accept remote connections, setting a secure password and making sure that any firewall (including Windows Firewall) is configured to allow inbound traffic on the UltraVNC ports (default is 5900). Further, confirm that both the server and client versions of UltraVNC are compatible and installed correctly and verify that there are no network restrictions (like VPNs or proxies) preventing the connection.
Enrico Vanzetto Lv4Posted 02 Oct 2024 19:00

hi,please double check firewall rules on the network segnemetn where these pcs are connected to. Aslo, please take a look on windows firewall on these pcs if there are an allow rule about incoming connections for vnc.
fuadmahbubun Lv2Posted 02 Oct 2024 18:07

Hi, you can try to remote froem endpoint secure manager.

point to Endpoint Group then select your endpoint to be remoted.

klik Remote Support.

insert password then klik OK to start remote

remotesupport.png (27.47 KB, Downloads: 38)

remotesupport.png

remotesupport1.png (18.38 KB, Downloads: 36)

remotesupport1.png

remotesupportsuccess.png (22.31 KB, Downloads: 38)

remotesupportsuccess.png

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers