Sangfor Community»Categories Products IPSec/SSL VPN "EasyConnect " would like to receive keystrokes from ...

"EasyConnect " would like to receive keystrokes from any application.

views: 571 | comments: 4 | added to Favorites 0
Lights on | 提示:支持键盘翻页<-左 右->
    组图打开中,请稍候......
Created: 02 Sep 2024 18:23

Summary:

Hello, I installed the EasyConnect SSL VPN program on my macOS computer, but as in the attached file, "EasyConnect " would like to receive keystrokes from any application." I got the message. Will th ...

Faisal P Posted 03 Sep 2024 14:13
Hi,
Click the problem application's entry, then "Uninstall" in the bar above the list.
Enrico Vanzetto Posted 02 Sep 2024 19:37
Hi, Sangfor Easyconnect client needs to have some permissions on mac devices to work properly. To manage permissions for Sangfor EasyConnect on your Mac, first make sure you have the latest version installed to avoid any compatibility issues.

Next, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy and ensure EasyConnect has the necessary permissions, like network access. Also, check your Mac’s firewall settings to allow EasyConnect to communicate through it.

Finally, configure the VPN settings within EasyConnect to ensure it has the correct permissions to access the network resources you need. This might involve setting up specific VPN profiles or rules.
Newbie483794 Posted 02 Sep 2024 19:08
Thank you for answer.. Should we not trust the EasyConnect program at this point? Is everyone who uses Sangfor NGFW and EasyConnect SSL VPN program at risk or danger?
Zonger Posted 02 Sep 2024 18:55
According to the message "the EasyConnect SSL VPN program requests" access to all keystrokes from any application which may raise concerns about privacy and security. This means that the program would potentially capture every key you press on your keyboard including sensitive information like passwords, credit card numbers, and other confidential data. This level of access may be a security risk and it's recommended to carefully review the program's permissions and consider whether the potential benefits of using the VPN outweigh the potential risks to your privacy.