Do HCI need a backup?

me_iantan25 Posted 12 Sep 2018 09:44

Last edited by me_iantan25 13 Sep 2018 16:08.

Do HCI have a replication?

Formy77 has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Sangfor HCI has it own backup system that backup all the virtual machine and permit file level or full machine restore. If you have to backup application (Exchange, SQL...) you also need a backup solution with agent that let you to restore SQL or Exchange data (and truncate the application log).
Is this answer helpful?
SC Lv2Posted 12 Sep 2018 15:34

Hi!
May I know what is the backup solution you wish to do in HCI ?
Could you please elaborate further ?
me_iantan25 Posted 12 Sep 2018 15:48

Last edited by me_iantan25 13 Sep 2018 16:14.

I want to try Rubrik.
Or is there any backup solutions that HCI prefer?
Is replication supported in HCI?
Formy77 Lv1Posted 21 Sep 2018 21:43

Sangfor HCI has it own backup system that backup all the virtual machine and permit file level or full machine restore. If you have to backup application (Exchange, SQL...) you also need a backup solution with agent that let you to restore SQL or Exchange data (and truncate the application log).
Apriyanto Lv5Posted 03 Oct 2018 11:47

every node in hci is replication of the other node. and if you can user hci , you must buy min 2 node because thats stong of hci (High Avaibility) , every node backup the others node.

HCI have replication, they are every node in 1 cluster
Newbie964919 Lv1Posted 10 Nov 2022 23:36

Hi,

I have two backup repositories... on the 1st one I can see backed-up vm while on the 2nd I can't see anything. I'm talking about Sangfor HCI 6.3.0.
If I do backup on the 2nd repository I can see files on the filesystem but not on Sangfor: 0 vm's and 0 bytes.

Many thanks
Oliver

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders