L3 MAC Binding cannot get proper MAC address

Eugene Lv1Posted 22 Aug 2018 20:49

Hi All,

Does anyone here have successfully configured L3 MAC binding with Cisco Meraki?

We are having issues with Authentication policy with MAC as its username

The IAM automatically logs the user with the L3 switch's MAC address.

And some are with 00-00-00-00-00-00 MAC address in the Logs.

Hoping for your kind help

Thanks

Ting Fong has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Hi, as showed in the document for MAC acquisition across L3 Network, kindly make sure that the configuration for the SNMP server is correct.
Is this answer helpful?
FAEoTONGoTH Lv1Posted 23 Aug 2018 10:30

Last edited by FAEoTONGoTH 23 Aug 2018 10:32.

Hi,
please follow this document

Eugene Lv1Posted 23 Aug 2018 14:44

Hi FaE,

Thank you for the document you have provided.

However this will make a binding which will enforce user to use the binded IP address with the MAC address

Our setup will not need MAC and IP binding due to frequent changes in their DHCP server (IAM is in bridge mode)

Additionally the purpose of MAC address is to have a record to be used for Web and Application Controls.

Lastly the L3 MAC bind option is enabled but no recorded IP address in every switch we have configured.

If you can help us identify Cisco Meraki's IP OID and MAC OID, which even the support from Cisco cannot identify.
FAEoTONGoTH Lv1Posted 26 Aug 2018 02:00

Hi Eugene,

Sorry, I wasn't clear earlier I mean follow the Configure MAC acquisition across L3 network on IAM section only.
if you can not find OID, there also an option to make the acquisition by capture ARP and DHCP packets.
Eugene Lv1Posted 28 Aug 2018 00:22

Hi Fae,

Actually I used that too.

However I saw an improvement in the Online users lists (I haven't seen any 00-00-00-00-00 MAC)

however when I enabled the option for automatically create local database user from the Authentication policy it only logged the MAC address of the L3 switch.

Additionally, do you have certain scenarios that you have integrated IAM to an L3 Meraki switch?

I believe that it is the OID that we are lacking but cannot find how to get those.

Thanks and regards,
Ting Fong Lv2Posted 30 Oct 2018 18:21

Hi, as showed in the document for MAC acquisition across L3 Network, kindly make sure that the configuration for the SNMP server is correct.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders