Upgrade from HCI 6.0.1 to 6.1 fail

Danilo Lv1Posted 17 Jul 2020 21:06

Dear
I have launched un upgrade from HCI 6.0.1 to 6.1 in a mono node installation enviroment. Preckeck package update sussesfully, upgrade package passes all test but stop at 6th step (Upgrade) at Upgrading control plane.
No retry button and node remain in maintenance mode even after a node reboot.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you very much.

By solving this question, you may help 497 user(s).

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Sangfor_Siva Posted 17 Jul 2020 21:53

What you mean by stop at 6th step? Does the upgrade process stuck or is it failed with error message?
Can provide a screen shot?
Danilo Lv1Posted 17 Jul 2020 23:59

Dear Siva,
it stop at Upgrading control plane at the Upgrade step after pass all previous phases
Your collegue solve the problem after 2 hours remote session.
He tell me "one of the vm configured has problem causing control plane upgrade failed". He works hard in SSH shell because web ui become inaccessible.

Thank you very much!!!

Best Regards

Danilo
jetjetd Lv5Posted 08 Aug 2020 20:30

Last edited by jetjetd 13 Jul 2022 19:01.

If there is an major misconfiguration on the current version, there are times that upgrade cannot be succeded when tried to upgrade it into a newer version. One of the example is this issue.
MattFauzy Lv1Posted 26 Aug 2020 10:20

Hi, thank you very much for sharing your experience and the solution, really appreciated!
regidorreyes Lv5Posted 11 Jul 2022 15:48

On you issue, the solution is that - the cause of the problem is one vm encountered problem and that makes the installation unsuccessful. That makes sense and thank you for the information. This can be a great future reference.
naomivillamor Lv3Posted 11 Jul 2022 16:28

thank you for sharing.
rivsy Lv5Posted 12 Jul 2022 11:39

Please check the VM if is properly configure
Imran Tahir Lv4Posted 12 Jul 2022 20:52

Thanks for sharing the solution
Faisal P Posted 13 Jul 2022 15:14

The current version of node has a bug, so installing the LTS version will fix it. You can install gulp sass without specifying the version because the latest one is compatible with node LTS versions.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders