aCloud Snapshot New Features

Park Bo Gart Lv2Posted 25 May 2020 15:44

1. May I know what is the perspective of RND in implementing new snapshot features like Consistency Group and Scheduled Snapshot, and also the use cases of both features.

2. If I upgrade my aCloud to the latest version (6.0.1), what will happen to my old snapshots? will it free up storage space also when deleted?

Sangfor_Yong has solved this question and earned 20 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Below is my answer regarding your two question:

1. For the consistency group, it will be very helpful to manage multiple VM at the same time while you can manually perform to take snapshot, clone, and recover action to a group of VM simultaneously.

On the other side, a scheduled snapshot allows the VM to take a snapshot automatically based on the policy. You can configure the policy by selecting multiple VM or consistency group.

2. Please be aware, below version 6.0.1, the snapshot will be in virtual-disk based. It will prompt error when you select the VM which has a virtual-disk based snapshot into a consistency group and scheduled snapshot. To use the new feature, you are required to delete the old virtual-disk based snapshot. So that the new snapshot will be in storage based.

By deleting the old snapshot (virtual-disk based), the free space will not be released, but the new storage-based snapshot will release the spaces.
Is this answer helpful?
Sangfor_Yong Lv1Posted 01 Jun 2020 12:05

Below is my answer regarding your two question:

1. For the consistency group, it will be very helpful to manage multiple VM at the same time while you can manually perform to take snapshot, clone, and recover action to a group of VM simultaneously.

On the other side, a scheduled snapshot allows the VM to take a snapshot automatically based on the policy. You can configure the policy by selecting multiple VM or consistency group.

2. Please be aware, below version 6.0.1, the snapshot will be in virtual-disk based. It will prompt error when you select the VM which has a virtual-disk based snapshot into a consistency group and scheduled snapshot. To use the new feature, you are required to delete the old virtual-disk based snapshot. So that the new snapshot will be in storage based.

By deleting the old snapshot (virtual-disk based), the free space will not be released, but the new storage-based snapshot will release the spaces.

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow

Board Leaders