IAM HA Design

Newbie920487 Lv1Posted 26 Mar 2019 08:59

Dear Support
I have one existing unit of IAM with running on the production line. If I add another unit of the IAM with doing HA configuration. May I know the configuration will be lost or not?

CTI Jimy has solved this question and earned 10 coins.

Posting a reply earns you 2 coins. An accepted reply earns you 20 coins and another 10 coins for replying within 10 minutes. (Expired) What is Coin?

Enter your mobile phone number and company name for better service. Go

Hi,

This is depending on the deployment mode of the HA.
Given that the existing device will be configured as "Controller" in Active-Active deployment or "Active" in Active-Standby deployment , the existing configuration will not be lost.
While on the other hand, if the existing device is configured as "Node" in Active-Active deployment or "Standby" in Active-Standby deployment, the configuration will be synchronized from the Controller/Active device, resulting the loss of current configuration.

You may refer to the following link to learn more about High Availability:
http://community.sangfor.com/plu ... tabase&tid=1344
Is this answer helpful?
CTI Jimy Lv2Posted 26 Mar 2019 10:02

Hi,

This is depending on the deployment mode of the HA.
Given that the existing device will be configured as "Controller" in Active-Active deployment or "Active" in Active-Standby deployment , the existing configuration will not be lost.
While on the other hand, if the existing device is configured as "Node" in Active-Active deployment or "Standby" in Active-Standby deployment, the configuration will be synchronized from the Controller/Active device, resulting the loss of current configuration.

You may refer to the following link to learn more about High Availability:
http://community.sangfor.com/plu ... tabase&tid=1344
sOOOn777 Lv3Posted 08 May 2019 14:32

good questions come to study
Apriyanto Lv5Posted 08 May 2019 15:15

you can try @CTI Jimy say bro

I Can Help:

Change

Moderator on This Board

Started Topics

Followers

Follow